What to expect at your first appointment
1. Initial Exam
- During your initial exam, a full series of dental radiographs are taken with our digital technology. This allows for early detection of dental cavities and other oral pathologies
- A periodontal exam is completed to detect for early, moderate and, advanced stages of periodontal disease.
- The dentist will perform a comprehensive oral exam by examining each of your teeth individually. Together, you and your dentist will devise a customized treatment plan to address all of your treatment needs
- Your registered dental hygienist will thoroughly clean each of your teeth removing stains, plaque, and bacteria.
- A fluoride therapy is administered to remineralize your teeth and to fight future cavities.
3. Treatment Plan Review
- In the final phase of your appointment, you will meet with your patient treatment coordinator who will gladly answer any questions you may have about your insurance coverage and financing options.
NERVOUS ABOUT TREATMENT?
We understand that coming to the dentist can create levels of anxiety. To ensure your comfort during treatment, nitrous oxide (laugh gas) is available during most treatment procedures. Nitrous oxide is a safe, harmless gas used to reduce levels of anxiety and to increase comfort. The nitrous gas is mixed with levels of oxygen and is inhaled through a mask that fits comfortable over your nose.
At the end of the appointment, the gas is completely removed from your system allowing you to drive home safely without an escort.